Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went looking for those Spanish speaking fish today-- did pretty well- fished from about 11-4 (with a drop off in the middle), and cought 6 nice (for this early) spanish, one nice blue, and lots of throwback blues-- all caught on windmill bar, all spanish came off of gold spoons- never touched the silver offerings-- blues didnt seem to really care, but the big one came off of the gold-- but colors change daily-- most of them were caught on the south side of the bar, between the light and 2R-- beautiful day on the bay, hope there are more like it to come- heard of few flounder caught (few people out today), but did hear of a good cobia report over the radio (not a clue where)-- the spanish are here and only going to get better-[excited]
go get 'em!
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
1 Posts
TO BAD WE ARE NOT ABLE TO FISH THIS WEEKEND! AS YOU SAID IT WAS A GREAT DAY ON THE BAY WITH 6 SPANISH BUT
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY-ANY DAY ON THE BAY WITH MY KIDS IS A GREAT DAY!!
[smile]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Buenos noches y gracias por la reporta de los mackerales.
Hope you did not get caught in the powerful electrical storm that passed over Palmer and Mosquito Creek between 4:30-6:00 this afternoon. It is nice to hear that we could go after some spanish off Windmill Bar on days like this when the threat of storms keeps us from going all the way to the Cell for flounder. We caught two spanish last Sunday afternoon on the north side of the tip of the bar on silver Clark spoons but will be sure to include some gold Clark's and drones on the next trip.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sunday I hit every inch of the windmill bar trolling for macks and only got a croaker on the gold spoon(first for me). Did have one line scream and stop and then scream again and the 10# leader could not handle it. Might be one of those big blues cutbait was talking bout. Would like to know if anyone else had any luck.

PEPS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts