Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"March 3, 2006 — A stunning investigation of bribery and corruption in Congress has spread to the CIA, ABC News has learned.

The CIA inspector general has opened an investigation into the spy agency's executive director, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, and his connections to two defense contractors accused of bribing a member of Congress and Pentagon officials.

The CIA released an official statement on the matter to ABC News, saying: "It is standard practice for CIA's Office of Inspector General — an aggressive, independent watchdog — to look into assertions that mention agency officers. That should in no way be seen as lending credibility to any allegation.

"Mr. Foggo has overseen many contracts in his decades of public service. He reaffirms that they were properly awarded and administered."

The CIA said Foggo, the No. 3 official at the CIA, would have no further comment. He will remain in his post at the CIA during the investigation, according to officials.

Two former CIA officials told ABC News that Foggo oversaw contracts involving at least one of the companies accused of paying bribes to Congressman Randall "Duke" Cunningham. The story was first reported by Newsweek magazine.

Friendship With Defense Contractor

The California Republican has pleaded guilty after admitting he accepted $2.4 million in bribes in exchange for arranging defense contracts. He was sentenced today to eight years and four months in prison for corruption. Federal law enforcement officials said Cunningham is cooperating and the investigation is continuing.

As executive director of the CIA, Foggo oversees the administration of the giant spy agency. He was appointed to the post by CIA Director Porter Goss after working as a midlevel procurement supervisor, according to former CIA officials.

While based in Frankfurt, Germany, he oversaw and approved contracts for CIA operations in Iraq.

Foggo is a longtime friend of Brent Wilkes, referred to as co-conspirator No. 1 in government documents filed in the Cunningham investigation.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Lets let the investigation go forth unhampered. I for one am opposed to trial by press as it has ruined the reputation of many innocent individuals. Certainly in DC there is enough corrpution going around to embarass both sides of the aisle.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Lets let the investigation go forth unhampered. I for one am opposed to trial by press as it has ruined the reputation of many innocent individuals. Certainly in DC there is enough corrpution going around to embarass both sides of the aisle.
There ya go, we agree on soemthing. But Cunningham is a scumbag.

Bert

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
No longer do they work for the CIA. However, why would you choose those 2 names from the thousands who work for the CIA. What precisely is your agenda?

Billy Boy....cite cases not your usual personal attacks which lend nothing except to define your method of discussion.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Usual personal attacks? Waaaahhhhh! Grow some skin, dude. Trial by BS is what goes on here. The very discussion of an issue is trial by BS.

But, seeing that you are stuck on stu...(never mind), I'll throw you a bone or two, or three. Seems to me I recall you not taking the same dignified, haughty, I'll-float-above-the-fray stance when it came to little Marky Foley or "Cold Cash" William Jefferson. Why, I think you even did the same with Jerry Lewis!

So please get off your high horse - and don't forget to watch where you step...:)

Proper references will be cited if you care to play.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ahh, so you admit to Foley and Jefferson? For your edification, here is you on Rep. Jerry Lewis:
http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthread.php?p=175376

The Los Angeles Times reports that Representative Jerry Lewis (R-CA) is the focus of an investigation by Federal prosecutors. "The investigation is part of an expanding federal probe stemming from [Randy "Duke"] Cunningham's conviction for accepting $2.4 million in bribes and favors from defense contractors..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-Mails Show U.S. Congressman’s Office Knew Lobbyist Arranged Money For Golf Trip
5/8/2006 4:52:06 PM
The Associated Press reported over the weekend that “Prosecutors have e-mails showing Congressman Tom DeLay’s office knew lobbyist Jack Abramoff had arranged the financing for the Republican leader’s controversial European golfing trip in 2000 and was concerned “if someone starts asking questions.”

Vernon Jackson, head of iGate Inc. of Kentucky, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery and the payment of bribes to a public official. Prosecutors said Jackson paid $400,000 to a company a company designated by Rep. William Jefferson in return for Jefferson’s support of iGate. They also paid $80,000 for Jefferson’s trips to Africa.

From January 2005 to March 31, 2006, large donors have given $47.6 million to Democratic-oriented groups, and $47.1 million to Republican groups.

Looks like the big boys are hedging their upcoming election bet All quotations from Political Money Line
Please note that you titled the thread "Congress...for sale or rent." In addition, you came to a conclusion at the end of your post. That does not sound like you are floating above the fray pending the outcome of an investigation.

I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy - don't be so touchy. After all, we all eventually get caught...;)

BTW, I can also provide references for Foley if you think I am in error.

Have a good day, my friend!:)

·
Registered
728 Posts
OK, at least tell me how pointing out your hypocrisy is a "personal attack." Nowhere in that initial post is there a disparaging word. It's your deficit if you can't remember what you post, not mine. Be a man and fess up...

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Relax I don't spend my day on here usually.
Yep I certainly posted that item regarding Lewis. Congress for sale or rent....now could that have applied to Cunningham and since those who were part of Abramoff? Nice try but I don't think you got me there. PL O'Rourke had a better term "A Parliament of Whores". Ab Scam vs Cunningham et al.
Heck, Foley was not indictied. Now you want to know how I feel about him after reading what he sent to young men 17 or so....if it were my son and I intercepted the email..why you are absolutely correct I would have been judge, jury and punisher of Mr. Foley.
I hope you did not stay awake awaiting my reply.:rolleyes:
PS I do not retract from my "conclusion" that the "Big Boys" were increasing their donations to the Democratic Party so as to be in the right seat should they win in the upcoming election. The Democrats won. K St. is still in the saddle. Those are my conclusions. Also at 68 my memory is not all that it used to be...thanks for the references to refresh the cells.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My point is that you do not float above the fray as you implied by your post urging folks to let the investigation go forth unhampered and not pass judgment until investigations are completed. If the evidence I presented does not convince you that you are full of BS, then you wear your blinders well.

I am done with this - go back to your Kool-Aid...:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts