Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done anything up around the mouth of the York to the bridge? Thinking of running up there this morning if the wind is not cooperating.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have fished twice in the last week between Goodwin Island and York Spit. Trolling, I caught lots of under slot fish. I've marked tons of fish and bait, but they would only bite during the max ebb or flow, mainly outside(north) of the channel. Fish hit deep on threeway with a bucktail and mid-coloum on a weighted umbrella or a stretch.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
87 Posts
tried yesterday from the spit over to the reef, offshore east of the spit and back inshore. Lots of birds sitting on the water, fish would come up for very short spurts and then gone. Tried everything in the boat and never got a bite. Makes you appreciate the good days, I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
11/25 - Fished the York and son Patrick caught a nice 28" striper on a chartruse stretch 25 on our first run, around noon, about half a mile upstream of the bridge. It was a picture perfect catch and net. Guess we finally have our act together. Son-in-law, Andreas did a great job keeping the boat steady and on course. Fished till 4 pm, both upstream and downstream. Used stretches, and an umbrella rig in the afternoon. Was going to try the mouths of some of the creeks, but the good luck we had on trolling, kept us in that mode. Had one other knockdown, but either lost it or it was a false alarm. It was windy, but sunny, and we stayed warm and had a great time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did manage to sneak out yesterday afternoon, pretty snotty, trolled along the channel and managed a fat 27" on a gold stretch...had the whole place to myself...LOL...10-15 kts. my a$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts