Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I launched from Croakers Landing about 6:30 AM yesterday. Went to an area near Bell Rock, the fish finder was beeping almost continuously. Fished for 5 hours. Put 46 Croaker in the cooler that were about 12". Released at least 50 more that were in the 10" or less. We hope these smaller fish will get a chance to grow some.

We were surprised to see so many boats on the water for a Friday, 24 boats within a few hundred yards. A few failed the class on boating courtesy. But at least it was better than weekend fishing.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the report, croaker are great eating, & they freeze well. And yep it can get crowded there, VA put up a sign on 64 that clearly states where to go to catch croaker!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must have caught all of the big ones! I went out last night after work and fished near Bell Rock. In 2 hours landed about 20 and none around 12".

Last Saturday, I had a similar experience in the channel near marker 21.

Update: I wasn't planning to go out tonight, but Croakerlover's post gave me the gumption to go try for a rematch.

Had some good luck & brought home two dozen nice fish. Also landed two toadfish (one pretty good sized, maybe around 1 1/2 lbs) and got a big skate (about 4' across) up to the boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome to hear that the croaker are biting! We went out today just upriver from where the York splits at West Point and caught a decent amount of keeper croaker between 11"-13". Managed to get a few catfish as well from one of the local crabbers that were just the right size to fillet and fry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts