Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seeing many reports right now, figured I would share..
After my buddy got out of woods this morning, we went out to York spit to look around. On way out of creek, I made a cast at some small ones breaking in creek. 2 turns of handle and a light "twitch" , Boom a hook-up! 2sec later he's off.
Sadly that's the best I did today. 3-4hrs Saw 3 rods bounce a bit, but nothing! Very little bait showing on FF few birds working but pretty lazy. Buddy has TV on boat and did watch ******* game.
Plan to take mine out in morning, Wolftrap?

·
Registered
390 Posts
nada around wolf trap everything we got was east side of the bay some did ok around 59 and dup area others did better up river at water view buoy 8-9 of Rappahannock

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nada around wolf trap everything we got was east side of the bay some did ok around 59 and dup area others did better up river at water view buoy 8-9 of Rappahannock
Noticed you watched the game also! His boat is limited to 20mph so we don't use it for Runs.. I fished up that way for 50yrs and while checking on my place up there buddys are catching them just outside creek.. I may have to take my boat for a run to rapp ! I am sure they are in York, but I don't know anything about its waters.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Most of our fish are still up in the rivers and/or holding tight to structure. The fish migrating down the bay are still well above us, so I'd focus on finding bait and structure in the rivers during the day for now and light lines at night. The mouth of the York and York spit area will heat up when our schoolies come out of the rivers and the fish come down the bay, then they'll all get on bait and be easy to find. Give it a couple more weeks!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did Pick up a keeper today on some structure mouth of York. (Hair under 22)
Water went almost flat out there today could have been easy ride up to areas my buddies did good at yesterday But I really need to get TOW (time on water)
Around this area so I can learn ..
Thanks for Sharing, David..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts