Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few buddies and I are heading out fishing this weekend. We're going to be around the Yorktown area. Where is a good place to launch a 22 ft. cc? I've have searched the internet extensively and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choices. Old Wormley Creek Landing was about the closest I saw. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's the ramp info for Gloucester Point (under the Coleman Bridge):

http://www.mrc.virginia.gov/vsrfdf/glpt_landing.shtm
There are lots of ramps around the Yorktown area. Really depends on where you are trying to fish! There's a boat ramp up Poqouson river just across from Tabb High School by land. Back Creek park near the old refinery, access to Back Creek, obviously and then Messick Point in Poqouson, takes you out in Back River if your headed out that way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're going to try some for some Specs in the Mobjack, hopefully grab a cobia around the YS lighthouse and maybe try to grab some croaker/spot/flounder while we're out. Yeah, that’s a big menu, but we're taking my cousin's fiancé out for a weekend of fishing. That's the best we could get away with for a bachelor party :help:! We're staying in Yorktown and just looking for a close ramp. I have been in the Bay plenty, just never launched in that area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in Yorktown and Back Creek park on Goodwin Neck rd has a very nice launch, from the mouth of the creek you can turn left towards Mobjack or go straight out to YS "Lighthouse".

·
Registered
548 Posts
ramps listed on grafton fishing supply website

check out graftonfishingsupply.com they have a ramps page that shows local ramps in that area.

·
Registered
548 Posts
awesome please do. If you need any tackle pop in there and tell them Blair sent you... they are good people and have an awesome selection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts