Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I do right now. In fact, I'd love to be on a hill over these idiots with a .308 and a nice scope. What kind of person does this? I'm a former Marine, Dad and step-Dad were both Navy, step-Dad still is. Mom was Army, etc etc... If these bastages showed up at one of their funerals, there'd end up being a few more funerals. The families are grieving enough and they don't need this **** because of some retarded religious ****. Gotta love someone who preaches the hate of God...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/btsc.lavandrera.funerals/index.html

He also has a website godhatesfags.com...real Christian huh...

Bunch of nonsense...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I read the article but couldn't figure out what Phelp's point is. Would appreciate an explanation if. Whatever his point, it is a nasty thing to do.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
The irony is that one day Phelps will stand in judgement (wether it be in front of God, or in front of someone willing to impose their views to the same fanatical level as Phelps).

I'm curioius to know what changes in our military Phelps would like to see...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get his point either. How is disrupting these people's funerals and making a bad situation worse going to help? His whole premise is that they serve in the military for a country that supports homosexuality. Big f'n deal. I don't care what people do in their homes, it's none of my business. If it isn't hurting me or anyone else, who gives a rats ass. You wanna be a butt-pirate, knock yourself out. What protesting their funeral accomplishes is beyond me, but some people get so wrapped up in their own agenda they can't see the forest for the trees.

I do have to give my respect to the group of bikers who have been following them around and preventing them from getting close to the actual funeral itself.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If I were at a funeral and they showed up, it would be hard not to sock one of them. I think The VA General assembly is debating wether it is okay to protest at a wedding or funeral for this very reason. It is illegal to protest outside someone's house because a law recognizes someone's home to be off limits. I dont see why they are even debating the issue.

Here is the same old fool, being put in his place.

Ps- Im not gay- for the record-but Id wanna sock him one if he showed up at a funeral I was at.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What I don't get is if he is so Anti-gay, why doesn't he take his protests outside a gay nightclub or Grenich Village or maybe one of the gay communities in San Fransisco? Probably because he'd get his butt kicked i suppose. His out of left field connection between homosexuals and soldiers dying in Iraq makes for a rather weak argument on his part and makes he and his followers look like Idiots more than anything else.

·
Registered
474 Posts
o.k I'm Gay right .................................

I apperciate all the support I get from the board members

thanx for sticking up for us A$$ prirates.

I'ts not easy being gay, I get taunted when me and my man make out in public.

When I say Broke Back Mountain 3 times i cried every time, and whats wrong witha gay man crying. My man held me tight, it was wonderful, wel thanx for stiking up for the us ****.

I jus really feel the love today guys and gals

thanx.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bikers counter Kansas church members while mourners honor fallen Marine

By Isaac Baker and Ari Natter, Times Staff Writers Saturday, March 11, 2006

While mourners gathered inside St. John Roman Catholic Church in Westminster to honor Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder of Westminster, a controversial religious group picketed outside, decrying what they called U.S. tolerance for homosexuals.

Father Leo Patalinghug, who led the services for the Snyder family on Friday, said the group's message of hate against gays gives the church and the community the chance to respond positively.

"What they like to do is play on emotions rather than truth," he said in a phone interview after the funeral. "Anyone can call themselves a Christian, but I think we have a responsibility to be a force that binds people together, especially in the midst of pain and suffering, rather than rip people's hearts apart."

Snyder, 20, was killed in Iraq March 3 in a motor vehicle accident.

Before the protest started, 77 motorcyclists, members of counter-protest group the Patriot Guard Riders, gathered in the parking lot of a nearby shopping center.

"It's our job to act as a shield ... to keep the protesters from the grieving family," said organizer Richard Beckwell, of Bowie. "This young man gave his all to defend his country."

The group, which began in the summer of 2005 as a means of blocking Westboro Baptist Church protesters. Patriot Guard Riders has members in all 50 states, said Beckwell, 56.

After the bikers arrived, they gathered in St. John's parking lot and walked up to the field where Westboro members were demonstrating. They stood about 100 yards away, holding American flags that flapped in the wind. They glared silently at the seven protesters for about a minute, then turned their backs on them.

Ed Smith, a member of the local American Legion post, also came with a group of eight motorcyclists to protest the demonstration.

"I never thought I would see this in Carroll County," said Smith, 58. "Doing it at a funeral is not right. It's totally wrong."

But the Rev. Fred Phelps, pastor at Westboro Baptist Church, said protesting at military funerals adds weight to the group's message.

"Dying time is truth time," he said.

The family of seven protesters - four of whom were younger than 18 - held brightly colored signs over their heads with phrases like "Semper Fi ****," "God Hates ****" and "Thank God for IEDs," referring to the improvised explosive devices used by Iraqi insurgents against U.S. troops.

The Rev. Marty Kuchma of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Westminster said he thought the group's funeral protest was a disgrace.

"Who has a right to make such claims about why things happen, especially, golly, at the time of a family's grief?" he said in a phone interview. "Where's the love of Christ in it all?"

Jane Perkins, Matthew Snyder's aunt, said the Patriot Guard succeeded in drowning out the Westboro Baptist Church protesters.

"I did not even know they were there, and I was very conscious they were going to be," she said.

In addition to the Patriot Guard, schoolchildren from St. John stood along the church grounds, singing and waving American flags in honor of Snyder, Perkins said.

She commended the job the Marines did in honoring Snyder.

"They were truly wonderful," said Perkins, who is also Snyder's godmother. "It was a beautiful, beautiful service."

She commended the Patriot Guard as well.

"All we saw pulling in, pulling out was American flags. All we heard was the Patriot Guard singing the national anthem," she said. "That's free speech, too."

Assistant city editor Jamie Kelly contributed to this story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
only if the bikers switched sides as a ploy - there were kids there with the "God Hates America" Tshirts - saw them myself, and there were pics in the paper of some of the others with the anti-gay tshirts. Damn shame!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
As an answer to the original question....yes!!!
This is supposed to be a man of God? He's gotta be a closet "bone smoking turd burglar" in denial!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
A lot of scum bags have turned their collars around. This is just another one. Perhaps the hatred of God will fall on these a$$ holes.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My god doesn't hate anyone. Maybe his god hates him.

Here's his Bio. He was disbarred as a lawyer for extortion. There was a girl who ended up dead after his son wanted to marry her against his wishes. He arranges all of his family's marriages. He was a civil rights lawyer who took advantage of his clients.

Read the bio-your jaw will drop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps#The_death_of_Debbie_Valgos

Ps:-I just remembered-him and his family showed up at the last West VA. mine disaster with signs that said "thank god for cave in's". I'm surprised they made it out of the state alive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts