Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 2008 winding down shortly and winter coming- thought it might be fun to share our best Severn related story from 2008.Could be a big fish/funny trip/scary trip/etc.

Mine was a crabbing trip overnight with my son near the #4 marker.We got there just before sunset and got treated to an awesome summer sunset.

We had a fun night catching crabs on one of those calm nights that seem to go on forever.Sunrise found us both asleep- almost a bushel of crabs waiting to go home :thumbup:.

Sunrise was just as nice- some wild colors.

Severn is always a special place - hard to descibe why but most here understand her lure.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
I think I'll just adopt yours.:yes:

Oh, plus I won a Perch tourney!:D:fishing2:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I don't have one good story, but many lasting memories for both me and my family.

I'm just happy being able to spend some time on this river and take delight in what it has to offer. Reflecting over beer with some good old boys who love it and care about it just as much as I do helps to make it that much more enjoyable.

I did catch a pretty good-sized fish back in January. It was a pickerel. You guys might remember. :D I was so excited that morning, I knocked one of my spinning rods overboard. Luckily, my line got caught on a nail and I was able to pull it back up. First time I didn't cuss for being snagged.

Oh, and 2008 will probably be the last time I had an inexpensive pier fee. Sorry Mr. Frye, but I had to go there. :nono:

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
My best Severn story of 2008 was fishing the SRRKC Pickerel tournament and catching the little devils in the snow from shore and from my row boat. It was a lot of fun despite the heavy snow and really cold hands!!

I also really enjoyed bringing my Dad to the raft up on the new oyster reef and watching Skip Dive on the reef with the camera. Another great night was the meeting on the water at Weems where Shawn brought Crocket and that moonshine!!! :thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
Yes, Mark, the construction & planting of the Aisquith Reef is my best overall memory, with Skip's camera dive as a special highlight (plus Tyler's continual harvest of spot & perch for the livewell).

Best, JPW

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was hoping it would be today - but it's looking a bit nippy.

So far this year, two moments stand out, and are more about the whole picture than the fishing.

One I posted about at the time was a day out with Cutter at the start of october when the rockfish were just turning on in the river. Geese coming in over head to a beautiful sunset with fish hooked up on the river we both have enjoyed for 40 years made for a special moment.

Another was an evening when my daughter joined me for a paddle. I brought one light rod. I found that I could get a white perch almost every time I brough the lure across the rocks on horseshoe point. She took a turn, and caught her first white perch. This picture still warms my heart.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Severn River and Daughters

Dave,

I read your account of two special times on the river this season; and then was delighted to recognize "CJ" as my daughters former classmate at Key.......my daughter was also raised on the Severn as was her mother but neither will pick up a rod! congrats to you on that!
S.T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts