Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2011 2860CC with twin 250's...I've heard pros and cons about Seafox boats...most of the cons are issues related to models manufactured prior to 2008.
I'm interested in hearing your opinion...

Thanks in advance.

Tuan

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
i talked to a dealer once who said their a great buy for the $$$. he was not a seafox dealer.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
435 Posts
My 2¢...

I bought a 2006 Seafox 256CC and I've been very happy with it.

I bought it at a boat show where I looked at every single Center Console on the floor. It was by far the most boat for the money that I could find.

It isn't a Boston Whaler or a Triton but it's served me very well. Mine is somewhat underpowered (single 225 O/B) but even so it'll get up to 40MPH on a flat calm day. It planes quickly (integrated electric trim tabs are standard) and rides smooth.

I've had her out in rough (for me) conditions (3' - 4' / 25MPH Wind) and she handled just fine.

I've had minor problems with components... I've had a couple of pumps go bad over the years and I've had a couple of screwes pull loose but other than that, NOTHING.

I've looked at the 2011 models (Whelan's Marina in Farnham VA is now a dealer) and they seems to be moving from the Hyundai of boats to Toyota if that makes sense. The prices are rising but the standard features are also improving dramatically.

If I were shopping for a new boat today I'd definitely look at Seafox again.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have a 2007 and it is fine. Your hull however is redesigned by a new marine architect. They look sharp and I hear they ride well. Ryan Balderson at Seafox and Scott and the folks at Nautical Marine in Richmond have taken good care of me over the years thru some substantial warranty issues, definitely a stand up company that stands behind the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts