Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the NFL has decided to crack down on Super Bowl parties (if I can even use the words on this web site). You see, if you advertise your party on a place like this web site and invite others to come you are breaking the law as the NFL has decided to start enforcing its trademarked title game.

Fall Creek Baptist Church in Indianapolis has been told that they cannot advertise their party or show the game with the congregation's multi-media big screen, even though they have stipulated that no one will be charged for the event. Current laws allow for only a single viewer (perhaps household) to view the game on a television with less than a 55" screen. Your new 60" Plasma could be making you a criminal in your own home!

Now, you would think that the NFL would realize that a huge part of the popularity of the title game is the partying that now goes with it. It certainly has not been the quality of the game over the last 20 years that attracts enough viewers to garner $2.5 mil per 30 seconds of advertising time. For some reason the NFL has decided to start with churches. Next year your favorite sports bar could be on the NFL's list of violators.

It is their game so I guess it is their right. We've all heard that little speech during every game that the televised broadcast is for the expressed use of the viewing audience and any unapproved broadcast is prohibited. It seems that the NFL plans to enforce it. Personally, I think it is bad business. I also wonder where this will stop once it gets rolling.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Simple solution is to change the channel... When their viewership drops, so does ad revenue, they'll get the hint. Hey, if churches can help elcet a president, I am sure they could send the NFL a message!!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Who watches the stupid game anyway. All of the Stupid Bowl Game parties I ever went to were so we could all eat like hogs and drink like pigs. Sometimes we played poker and some time we played pool, but watch the game -- nooooooooo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts