Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a picture perfect day on the fresh. We caught fish all the way up stream till it was blocked by downed trees. Small panfish grubs, 4# braided line 4# flourocarbon, the fishing was non stop. There were some egg masses already, the main spawn is very soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head north when you get to US 301 turn right. RT 301 will cross the Potomac river stay in the right lane (approx. 4 miles), at Maryland Route 234 (Budds Creek Road) turn right. Approximately 1/4 mile down rt 234 you will cross the creek. Parking this time of year is problem. But if you don't mind paddling an extra 1/2 mile continue straight to the second bridge. My son and I launch at the second bridge and paddle down stream and turn up the main channel. Once you navigate past all the shore fishermans bobbers you'll find some very nice paddling, all the bends have fish holding. The White Perch will follow the yp up the creek. Easier to catch and a little bigger.

Note to all: MD route 234 is the Freshwater/Tidalwater boundary, you'll need both licenses.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Caught some nice YPs in a trib of Breton Bay on Sunday as well. Redbreast were biting, too.

I caught 3 this size, several more in the 6-9in range, and 2 fat redbreast.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/Ictalurus/bigperch.jpg

Except for the fish in the pic, I didn't have any luck with curly tail grubs or beetle spin. However, the fish were hammering Joe's Flies. Unfortunately, I had to head home not long after I found the fish and coaxed them to hit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's pity that Allens Fresh doesn't have a good place to launch. Used to be that you could launch just inside the Bridge on the left headed up stream, but somehow the State bungled the property lines and that land reverted to the private owners, who promptly blocked it off. One problem was that folks tended to use the area as a trash dump...otherwise I'm not even sure the owners would have fought to get the land back. Even on the right side the place is a mess now. Hard to understand why people are so sloppy

But up stream is a beautiful area... eagles, owles, beavers (a beaver slapping it's tail beside the canoe wakes you right up) and Fish!

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts