Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the DNR Fishery Service meeting tonight about Yellow Perch regulations. Ken Hastings, even though "disenfranchised" by CCA National, will represent CCA-Md. at the hearing. Bill Curry is furious with the way DNR has backed down on their promises to recreational fishermen and the resource. Come join us and watch the fireworks.

6pm Calvary United Methodist Church, 301 Rowe Blvd., just down the road from the main DNR building.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Glad to see you guys remain involved, albeit 'unaffiliated.'

I made it to one of these meetings last year. Ken Hastings is a compelling speaker on this subject. His knowledge of and passion for YP management were impressive.

What was even more remarkable was the DNR Police presence. I counted over a dozen cops there.

But the most entertaining part was the sad rhetoric of the convicts whose "livelihood" was being taken away.

I'm laid up with a respiratory infection, and at my daughter's bedside while she's hospitalized with pneumonia - otherwise I'd be there with a big ol' bag of popcorn and some ready "Harrumphs."

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Who else is going to that meeting tonite? Anybody want to ride down w/me?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--AngleJP , All of you Posters have become Lurkers & Part of the PM Underground Railroad , Never seen so many livestock Cars with Mooing Cows Wishing for Participation ar YP meetings ---Ya need to set up Hospility Tents On The Church Grounds--Then again ya can't Smoke or Pop A Free Cap ---Come on back fellas , the TF family won't Bite Ya , Hell we wouda gotcha ya a Yellow Bus --geo.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
As always, a lot seemed to go on at the meeting; too much to summarize and type out here. I'll say this, it was interesting and informative. Bill Curry and Ken Hastings spoke eloquently on behalf of yellow perch and recreational anglers. There weren't many people there last night as in meetings past but the main players were there as usual.
Essentially, DNR presented the Proposed Action on Regulations. Afterwards, the floor was open to comments and questions. The meeting lasted a little over an hour.

Please check DNR website for more info.

Maryland Fisheries Service Yellow Perch Management

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
--AngleJP , All of you Posters have become Lurkers & Part of the PM Underground Railroad , Never seen so many livestock Cars with Mooing Cows Wishing for Participation ar YP meetings ---Ya need to set up Hospility Tents On The Church Grounds--Then again ya can't Smoke or Pop A Free Cap ---Come on back fellas , the TF family won't Bite Ya , Hell we wouda gotcha ya a Yellow Bus --geo.
Help me Brother George... what the hell did you just say?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Jonah, I am with you on, what did he say?

Ele
--Was Trolling Ele,Thought you & the other ole posters went into hibranation or departed this earth , Good to read you are still around --For some reason the posts from our Opinionated Eliete had Dimmished & somewhat Vanished from TF --Thanks for Emerging from the " Land of the Lost' geo.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Capt. George, I haven't been anywhere. Have posted a few replys here and there but have had nothing to report as there hasn't been any Stripers up our way.

Fishing is getting worse every year.

I didn't see you at the YP meeting or the joint SFAC/TFAC.

Ele

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ele,

I caught plenty of YP "up" your way the other day. Fish on every cast if you fished it all the way back to the boat. Fish from 4" to 12.5 inches. Plenty of them out there, you just have to know where to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts