Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I re-read Bill's Fishing Report on Feb 9 last year. I am zeroing in Occoquan river by Occoquan Regional Park. This place is only 45 minutes from my house. That means I can fish Sunday afternoon if I can't fish on Saturday.

joe

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't forget your battery Joe, you probably won't need your DF to find the cliff banks. You will for the RR bridge piling holes. Good luck

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know the depths of this place? What about the current? What kinds of lures for shad?

Thanks?
Joe

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Joe,

Between the Occ. and the area above Key Bridge and below Fletchers Boat house on the Potomac, you should be able to catch some fish near home this spring!

This thread has some recent intel on the yellow perch in the Occ.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthread.php/297975-Is-the-Occoquan-Frozen-Over-Right-Now/page2
------------------------------------------------------
On Feb 11 BLUEYZWAITN wrote:
"Fish are showing up now, small fish mostly with a few fatties in the mix. the next 10 days should get better and better. Launch at the Occoquan regional park on 123 ...
if your going South on 123 its a Left hand turn, you miss it you cross the river and half to turn around .

Good luck

most fish on 18-25 ft"

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,
Hopefully I can get out of the office. All deployments posponed Last 5 weeks are coming at me in full force. I am doomed for next 5 weeks. I 've been working 3 days sleeping 6 hours so far.
joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts